Launching shopping opens a special window that looks like a regular inventory window, but has only three tabs:
- Buy contains all the goods in the vendor’s inventory.
- Sell shows all the items in your inventory that you can sell to the trader in question. Bear in mind that traders only buy the type of goods they deal in.
- Basket contains all the items you’ve selected either to buy or sell before finalising the deal.
Next to the tabs is a window with a summary of information about the trade:
- Your reputation shows your reputation with the present trader. The higher it is, the better your chances of getting a good price.
- Trader’s wealth shows the total sum of money the trader has, and therefore the most that you can get by selling to him or her.
- Trading items for shows the total value of the things you want to buy or sell.
- You pay / You get shows how much you’ll pay (if buying), or receive (if selling) for the goods you selected. If the total price is shown in red, either you or the trader does not have enough money to close the deal.
If you’re not satisfied with the final price (or you’re a little short of coin), you can hold to haggle over the price.